It is important for all individuals to have the right information regarding benefits, savings programs, and other health related resources. Below is a list of agencies, community support and helpful websites to help keep you informed.
Florida Health Insurance Information
- 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or www.Medicare.gov (Opens in new window)
- Nationwide: 1-800-677-1116 – www.eldercare.gov (Opens in new window)
Social Security Administration
- 1-800-772-1213, Monday-Friday from 7 am to 7 pm – www.SocialSecurity.gov (Opens in new window)
Find your benefits
Benefits Checkup is a free, confidential online tool sponsored by the National Council on the Aging. Find and enroll in federal, state, local and private programs that help pay for prescription drugs, utility bills, meals, health care and other needs. This link will redirect you away from the WellMed website.
Area Agencies on Aging
Information on all senior services and Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security in YOUR community:
- Department of Elder Affairs 1-800-963-5337
- Martin County: Kane Center – 1-772-223-7800 www.kanecenter.org (Opens in new window)
- St Lucie County: Council on Aging – 1-772-336-8608 www.coasl.com (Opens in new window)
- Indian River County: Senior Resource Association – 1-772-569-0760 www.seniorresourceassociation.org (Opens in new window)
- Hillsborough County: Area Agency on Aging – 1-813-740-3888 www.agingflorida.com (Opens in new window)
- Pinellas County: Area Agency on Aging – 1-727-570-9696 www.agingcarefl.org (Opens in new window)
- Polk County: Area Agency on Aging – 1-813-740-3888 www.agingflorida.com (Opens in new window)
- Pasco County: Area Agency on Aging – 1-727-570-9696 www.agingcarefl.org (Opens in new window)
- Orange County: Commission on Aging – 1-407-254-9277 www.ocfl.net/seniors (Opens in new window)
- Osceola County: Council on Aging – 1-407-846-8532 www.osceolagenerations.org (Opens in new window)
Other health resources
- www.CDC.gov (Opens in new window) (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) – Get information about prevention and disease control.
- www.HealthFinder.gov (Opens in new window) Learn about ways to help keep yourself healthy with information on health topics such as nutrition, physical activity, and health conditions.
- www.nih.gov (Opens in new window) (National Institutes of Health) – Find out about the latest medical research on as well as tips for prevention and healthy living.
- www.ncoa.org (Opens in new window) (National Council on Aging) – Discover how you can continue improving your health as you age
- www.cms.gov (Opens in new window) (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) – The latest information about Medicare and Medicaid services.
- www.healthyaging.org (Opens in new window) (Center for Healthy Aging) – Find out about healthy aging programs for older adults.
- http://www.agingwithdignity.org (Opens in new window) (Aging with Dignity/5 Wishes Advance Directives)
Your Health is Important to Us
Interested in learning more about WellMed? We are happy to help. Please contact our Patient Advocate team today.
Call: 1-888-781-WELL (9355)
Online: By completing the form to the right and submitting, you consent WellMed to contact you to provide the requested information.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm CST.