It is important for all individuals to have the right information regarding health plan benefits, Medicare Savings Programs, and other health related resources. Below is a list of agencies, community support and helpful websites to help keep you informed.
Medicare information right at your fingertips
WellMed operates several Medicare Information Centers to provide you with information about Medicare and the services we offer. These locations assist individuals who want to learn about their health care and Medicare options. Click here for more information.
Texas Health Insurance Information
- 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or www.Medicare.gov (Opens in new window)
Texas Health and Human Services
Information on all older adult services and Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security in YOUR community:
- Call 2-1-1 or toll-free at 1-877-541-7905
- Nationwide: 1-800-677-1116 – www.eldercare.gov (Opens in new window)
Social Security Administration
- 1-800-772-1213, Monday-Friday from 7 am to 7 pm – www.SocialSecurity.gov (Opens in new window)
Find your benefits
Benefits Checkup is a free, confidential online tool sponsored by the National Council on the Aging. Find and enroll in federal, state, local and private programs that help pay for prescription drugs, utility bills, meals, health care and other needs. This link will redirect you away from the WellMed website.
Local Community and Senior Centers
The WellMed Charitable Foundation, a non-profit 501(C) 3 organization that supports older adults and their caregivers, manages senior activity centers in Austin, Corpus Christi, the Rio Grande Valley and San Antonio serving thousands of older Texans. All senior centers offer complimentary services such as exercise programs, technology classes and crafts for anyone age 60 and older as well as their primary family caregivers.
You can find out more information about the WellMed Charitable Foundation and our Senior Centers by visiting http://www.wellmedcharitablefoundation.org/senior-centers (Opens in new window).
Other health resources
- www.CDC.gov (Opens in new window) (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) – Get information about prevention and disease control.
- www.HealthFinder.gov (Opens in new window) Learn about ways to help keep yourself healthy with information on health topics such as nutrition, physical activity, and health conditions.
- www.nih.gov (Opens in new window) (National Institutes of Health) – Find out about the latest medical research on as well as tips for prevention and healthy living.
- www.ncoa.org (Opens in new window) (National Council on Aging) – Discover how you can continue improving your health as you age.
- www.cms.gov (Opens in new window) (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) – The latest information about Medicare and Medicaid services.
Your Health is Important to Us
Interested in learning more about WellMed? We are happy to help. Please contact our Patient Advocate team today.
Call: 1-888-781-WELL (9355)
Online: By completing the form to the right and submitting, you consent WellMed to contact you to provide the requested information.
Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm CST.